Sunday, November 25, 2012

Introduction and Backround



I am creating this blog to post my results for a life Hacking experiment, That I am starting tomorrow November 26 2012. Everyday I will be tracking two statistics the first is a diet/health statistic in which I have built a list of foods that I currently eat that are unhealthy or high in calories if not both. These foods will have negative point values ranging from -1 to -5. There are also a few things such as Fruits, vegetables and multivitamin's that have a +1 value and two levels of cardio that are worth +2 points(15min) or + 5 points(30min) to off set the bad with a little healthy food and activity. Over time the hope is to reduce my intake of empty calories lose a few pounds and become healthier overall.

There will also be a missed opportunities statistic which will be a combination of opportunities that might be  social financial or anything that I feel like I should have done yet at the time decided to do nothing. This statistic will probably be hard to track and biased towards opportunities missed but we will see if over time I make more of an effort to take chances where in the past I have avoided the risk. My hope is that with this statistic I will start pushing myself to take more chances and see where that takes me.  

"If they didn’t measure their performance, how would they know if they improved? " -Todd Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment